A Vantage Technology Dealer’s Precision Sales Ag Advisors primary function is to develop and grow the precision agricultural technology portfolio by identifying market opportunities with both strategic and smaller scale customers.
Precision Ag Advisors are responsible for achieving their monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and growing the Vantage Technology Dealer’s market share in their territory.
Vantage Technology Dealers Precision Ag Advisor must be proficient in the use of Trimble products and have a minimum of five year’s experience in agriculture. They should ideally have a degree with an agricultural background, or a related business field, and sales/account management experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage sales from lead generation, qualification, to final presentation;
- Understand, position, and sell the full Precision Ag portfolio, services and solutions to new and existing customers within the assigned territory;
- Develop an annual sales plan to generate new customer leads with clearly defined objectives;
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory;
- Meet personal and team sales targets;
- Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads;
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of sales opportunities, representing 4 times annual quota;
- Conduct product demonstrations of the features and benefits combined with solutions offerings;
- An excellent understanding of the Ag market and a good network within distribution is a prerequisite;
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness;
- Evaluate customers skills, needs and build productive long lasting relationships;
- Attend meetings, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments;
- Daily CRM update with account information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
As an acknowledged authority within Vantage, this senior-level sales professional has knowledge and understanding of solutions, industry best practices, and technology designs across multiple product families. The Agricultural Sales Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Minimum of 5 years agricultural product, Trimble technology, or industry expertise relevant to the practice focus;
- Agronomy background a plus;
- Excellent organization, communication and presentations skills;
- Proven sales experience;
- Track record of over-achieving quota;
- Experience working with Salesforce.com;
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management;
- Technical aptitude and a commitment to continued skills development on Precision Ag products and services;
- Computer use competency in Microsoft products;
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated and driven;
- BA/BS degree or equivalent;
- Travel required throughout territory;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean record.
The following Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will be used to determine the success of this role:
- Territory financial targets: revenue, profit, profit margin;
- Weekly sales activities;
- Organic growth of territory;
- Revenue backlog and qualified services pipeline.
We are your local precision agriculture expert on the full suite of Trimble Ag Solutions, making precision technology work seamlessly across complex farming operations. Our team has an extensive skillset in all areas of precision agriculture, and is equipped to bring our industry-level technical expertise, customer service and support capabilities to your farm.