Manufacturing Technical Specialist
In response to the demand from our growing client base, SolidCAD Solutions is looking to fill an immediate position within our team of technical specialists to support the portfolio of Autodesk software we provide to the manufacturing industry in Alberta and Western Canada. In this position, you will continually develop expertise in Autodesk Inventor, Vault, Fusion, AutoCAD and Navisworks.
Preferably Edmonton, possibly Calgary, Alberta. An estimated 50% of work will be performed on-site at clients in Alberta and Western Canada, with 50% of the time being spent working from the candidates home office or the local SolidCAD/Cansel office.
In this role, you will:
- Work alongside our sales team to provide pre-sale business process assessments (BPA’s), discoveries, proof of concepts and technology demonstrations
- Provide post-sale support which includes:
- Deliver expert level software training
- Project-specific mentoring and support services
- Assist clients in defining unique workflows, customizations and standards
- Create and present proof-of-concepts as well as perform product demonstrations
- Deliver professional-level teaching or mentoring related to the use of design technology
Why Choose SolidCAD?
SolidCAD, a Cansel company, is Canada’s largest Autodesk Platinum software reseller and professional services company. We specialize in software technology that supports multiple industries including Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Media & Entertainment. We are an Autodesk Authorized Training Center, employing the largest team of industry technology experts in Canada. We provide the highest level of service, expert support and customized offerings to help our customers identify and solve business issues to maximize the value of their investment in technology and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Vault Professional
- Working experience in a manufacturing / engineering environment utilizing Autodesk software
- Familiar with engineering concepts, design lifecycles, version and revision concepts as well as mechanical drafting and design techniques.
- Understand the fundamentals of deploying software, licensing and configuration concepts related to project setup, standards and templates for Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks or other manufacturing design softwares.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and provide timely feedback and guidance to clients.
- Familiarity with an ERP system as well as an EDM or document management solution and its application in a manufacturing environment is highly beneficial.
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Willing to travel throughout Alberta, and periodically out of province.
For over 50 years, Cansel’s national team of professionals combine software, hardware and services to provide tailored solutions to improve your workflow, from field to finish. Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.