Software Developer – Anywhere in Canada
In response to the demand from our growing client base, SolidCAD is looking to fill an immediate need within our development team for a full-time software developer. You will be permitted to work remotely from your home office. On rare occasion, it may be necessary to travel to a customer site or SolidCAD office
While most of the software development will be custom to a specific workflow requirement, we will also develop “value-add” automation tools which will appeal to a wide-range of companies. The purpose of the automation is to enable our clients to be more efficient in their design processes.
Examples of customized solutions would consist of;
In this role, you will:
- automate repetitive operations within a CAD product such as AutoCAD.
- customized model and/or drawing generation routines.
- develop customized export routines for the purposes of reporting or data exchange.
- facilitate exchange of data between CAD and another business system.
- publishing applications to the Autodesk App Store.
- using the Autodesk Forge platform to integrate cloud-based CAD data with other data endpoints
- Develop applications and/or plugins based around a variety of different Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages
- Perform all aspects of software development including customer discoveries, proposal and specification documentation, programming and support.
- Support business systems and Autodesk cloud technologies
- Occasionally Develop applications for our own internal use
- Proficient with Microsoft technologies including the .NET Framework, C#, SQL Server and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Eager to learn new products and technologies as necessary to support the development efforts.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written.
Why choose SolidCAD?
- Experience with CAD software or technologies, especially Autodesk-related, is an asset.
- Software development methodology (Agile, Scrum, or Waterfall)
SolidCAD, a Cansel company, is an Autodesk Platinum software reseller and professional services company. We specialize in technology that supports multiple industries including Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Media & Entertainment.
We are an Autodesk Authorized Training Center, employing the largest team of industry technology experts in Canada. In 2015, SolidCAD and Cansel, another major Autodesk reseller in Canada, joined forces. Together, we provide the highest level of service, expert support and customized offerings to ensure customer satisfaction.
For over 50 years, Cansel’s national team of professionals combine software, hardware and services to provide tailored solutions to improve your workflow, from field to finish. Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.