Mapping/GIS Sales Representative
In this role, you will manage end to end GIS sales opportunities from lead generation, qualification, integrated solutions to closing while representing Cansel. We are looking for someone with a solid background and work experience in Mapping and GIS. Sales experience would be a definite plus although sales training will be provided.
In this role, you will:
- Actively pursue new business opportunities in your territory through discovery meetings with existing or new clients;
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of services opportunities, representing 4 times annual quota;
- Work closely with the integrated solutions team to identify sales opportunities in accounts and engage appropriate resources to develop the opportunity;
- Understand, position, and sell the full portfolio of company offerings;
- Develop strong relationships with potential and existing clients at various levels in the organization;
- Meet all sales target performance indicators (KPI’s);
- Develop a strategic sales plan and meet goals;
- Perform sales presentations and demonstrations; Participate in trade-shows, training events or other related events as requested and required;
- Provide reports to Regional Sales Manager on activity and new pipelines as directed;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in GPS/Mapping/GIS or equivalent, or a combination of experience and training in engineering technology;
- Minimum 3-5 years of GIS hardware and software solutions experience – ESRI and/or Trimble product experience required
- An energetic, entrepreneurial self-starter with a passion for selling in a competitive market;
- Ability to present to and negotiate with clients;
- Effective communication skills applied to selling value to the client;
- Ability to understand at a high level when providing clients with effective and creative solutions;
- Self-motivation, flexibility, drive, and superb communication skills are essential
- Driving license in good standing;
- Travel requirement – range of 40 – 60%
Why choose Cansel?
For over 50 years Cansel has helped organizations in the engineering, surveying, construction, mining, architecture, manufacturing, printing, utilities, forestry, and government sectors measure, analyze, design, and build more efficiently and profitably. Cansel’s national team of professionals combine software, hardware and services to provide tailored solutions to improve your workflow, from field to finish. For more information, visit us at www.cansel.ca
Cansel offers a competitive compensation package, Flexible health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products.
We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team – that’s where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Cansel, your way.
Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.